Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,391   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Exposure journal

I would like to start an exposure journal, and work out a format but im having trouble on what information should be recorded. What im thinking of is film make and ISO, body, lens, f/stop and shutter speed. At the end of the list for that roll of film, I would like to keep record of what dev, stop and fixer was used along with time and temp.

Are there any examples out there or is there any information that could be added?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    filter(s), and how you metered.

Shooter
    35mm
    I should also add when, where and time. I also think it would be handy to number the rolls too. That way i can have a quick refrence to where that frame is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I record data I number each roll (date and numerical sequence number, like 2012-11-16-R001-F1, where R = roll and F = Frame) since some data may not apply to the entire roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... and, yes... who, what, where, when, why.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Brian, I like your Idea. I do plan to have the info per frame, and have a dev note at the end for that roll. Would you mind if I use your format?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure... that is no patented secret formula. Enjoy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't stealing your brain child.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have used a few different journals over the years. The information recorded depended on the purpose for the journal. When I was working to improve my exposure technique, I wrote down info which I could refer back to later to help me understand why certain exposures were not as good as others. When I was learning film development, I kept copious notes on development time, temperature etc. When I traveled to exotic locations, I kept track of where the exposure was made.

A photographer can spend a lot of time and energy keeping notes, but to what end? I think the first step is to figure out why you are keeping the journal. Then figure out the information you need to record to accomplish that goal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin