Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,899   Online: 952

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ilford SFX has big grain, close to Delta 3200. The only time that you don't "see" grain is when the film is 4x5, and that's just a factor of enlargement. You could try a couple of different developers, and see if something works better for you. However, if you like the IR effect, then 10 rolls is the minimum learning curve. When I started out with Kodak HIE, I roasted at least five rolls before I knew that my changing bag wasn't IR tight. (I didn't have any dark space, and I loaded my film onto reels inside a changing tent.)

I mostly use Xtol, and some D-76 or Ilfosol. I haven't tried pyro yet with that film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

HELP ASAP! IR question before I fly out!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Ilford SFX has big grain, close to Delta 3200. The only time that you don't "see" grain is when the film is 4x5, and that's just a factor of enlargement. You could try a couple of different developers, and see if something works better for you. However, if you like the IR effect, then 10 rolls is the minimum learning curve. When I started out with Kodak HIE, I roasted at least five rolls before I knew that my changing bag wasn't IR tight. (I didn't have any dark space, and I loaded my film onto reels inside a changing tent.)

I mostly use Xtol, and some D-76 or Ilfosol. I haven't tried pyro yet with that film.
    Thanks for the advice, I can tell its an interesting film, I like the look just wish I had learned more about it a long time ago.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin