Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,476   Posts: 1,570,998   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trying to shoot decent pictures with partners or children in tow is very frustrating, I wonder what the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel would have looked like if Michaelangelo would have had to have his wife and kids along, happily these days my children are grown up, and my wife is happy to let me go and do my own thing
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How to get your partner out on a shoot

I told my GF we were going to the Grand Canyon for an awesome hike and camping trip... My pack was a LITTLE bit heavier than hers because of all the film/lenses/tripod/filters hehe

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    The other artists who were manning the gallery with me asked why I didn't take a photo of them. I asked why they didn't paint or sculpt the couple.
    I propose that the answer, there, would have been to hand them a camera and say, "Go get 'em!"

Several reasons:

1) You can tell them that it is THEIR art. They saw it first. They have first crack at it.
    If we were out hunting and you were taking aim at a big deer, would it be right if I shot it out from under you and dragged it off?

2) It might be instructive to hand somebody a camera and let them (try to) use it. They might learn that this game ain't so easy as it seems.

3) Who knows? Maybe they'll get the bug?

4) Even if the picture doesn't turn out great, maybe they could use it as a reference for when they decide to make a painting, a sculpture or whatever. (See #1 above.)

Yes, I understand that the people were only trying to be nice but, like you said, you were busy. I don't think that it would have been out of line if you said it nicely enough.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm
    Why would one want that?

Sometimes we are out together shooting, though most often I tell her that I am going out on my own, just to be able to focus on what I do and take the shots I want without having to bother about anyone/anything else.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mudfly9 View Post
    Does anyone else have any good excuses to go on trips?

No, I don't. I just ask her if she wants to come and she usually will. To me, it's a photo shoot. To her, it's an outing with potential to see something she has never seen before. I guess it really depends on a couple. We tend to participate in each other's hobbies when applicable.

She usually has one of my simpler cameras. She takes some great photographs every now and then.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I have to say is grab your camera baby, and my girlfriend is in the Jeep waiting for me.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin