Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,821   Online: 1110

Shooter
    35mm

Gossen Digisix F

Does anyone have experience of this meter? It may properly be called a Digiflash. Is it a good , general purpose meter?
    Last edited by Alex Muir; 01-20-2013 at 05:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it's an upgraded version of the "ordinary" Digisix I believe.
    I recently bought a Digisix, and while it's small and neat and appears to be accurate, I find (e.g) changing ISO extremely fiddly, and it's all to easy to activate the extras like alarms and so on without meaning to. All a bit annoying.

Shooter
    35mm

Gossen Digisix F

Thanks for that. These are the kind of things I was wondering about. On paper it looks ideal, but practical experience is what really counts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I find (e.g) changing ISO extremely fiddly
    Yes, it is very annoying and I seem to forget how to do it every time. Other than that it's a great little meter. If you can operate a digital watch, you won't have a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using my Digiflash meter for over two years.

It works really well and is very compact. I installed a small jeweller's plastic bag in the case to hold an extra battery, which also helps it to stay unchanged when I pull it out of the case.

It can be a bit fiddly to adjust to the right mode and to change the EI, but even if you accidentally change the mode, it takes about 3 seconds to get it back where it belongs.

It is accurate and repeatable in standard reflected and incident modes. I have a problem with the flash mode that I need to have checked.

And it is so easy to take with you!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the Digisix and it is an accurate and versatile little meter. It weights nearly nothing! The battery will last for about 2 years from my experience, but I have not used it much. It is as accurate as my Digipro F in incident and reflective mode (I compared them side by side), but for serious shootings I prefer the latter, because it looks so much more "pro".

Shooter
    35mm

Gossen Digisix F

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I'm used to a Lunasix F where all the settings are clearly visible, and easy to change as necessary. The "digital watch" situation always catches me out. I have a timer at home and I have lost the instructions. No matter what combination of buttons I press, I cannot set the time. I am of the view, however, that a digital meter is now preferable to a moving needle type. I will look at the specs of some of the other current digital models. Thanks. Alex.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I will second the DigiPro F commendation.
    Perhaps the Digisix could be termed complimentary to the main meter.
    My wife uses one, kept in the front pocket of a Lowe holster, as a 'walking-around"outfit; but depends on Sekonic (Norwood) L398's for serious use.

I switched to the DigiPro F — from Lunasix and Norwood— several years ago and have never looked back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin