Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,024   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    get your hands on some transparency film, load up the camera(s) and actually put the meters, side by side, to effective testing, metering each scene identically with each meter, taking the notes (yes, write down what the meter is telling you), exposing as per one meter, then the next, and in the end, scrutinising the results.

Poisson:

I fully agree with your comments, I am new to the meter and the adaptation to it at the moment is "cheaply" done just getting out on the streets and putting it to work against a known resource (the Gossen). Transparencies are the ultimate test of exposure accuracy, shutter speeds, etc.

Fred:

There is an adjustment potentiometer inside that sets the mid range position for battery indication.

Thanks for this knowledge, if/when I go the calibration route this will get modified.

Juan:

EV philosophy from various manufacturers is not consistent. I don't bother to remember the details.

Thanks for this, I found out with the Pentax that it was at a certain ISO (100). I think the Gossen methodology is more universal (purely EV measurement) but I could be wrong on that. Any contributors want to chime in on the Gossen methodology on EV measurement?

Thanks to all!

J

Shooter
    35mm
    I downloaded the manual for the Gossen Lunasix 3 and couldn't understand it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chan:

I agree, I looked through it (Lunasix 3) also and saw no true mention on measuring "EV". The Luna-Pro F manual suggests a setting of ISO 50 and Incident mode as the methodology for EV measurement. They further caution that the Luna-Pro F "cannot be used as a precision luxmeter" due to the spherical vs. flat incident surface.

If I learned anything in the last 10 days, it is that any given light meter with an EV scale should be heavily referenced in the EV technique before stepping into that realm. I think most meters are specific with their own methods.

Regards,

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "EV" isn't something one measures, it is something one sets.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin