Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,158   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodoiska View Post
    May I ask why you found the shutter so important?
    Thanks!
    Lodo
    Controlling consistent exposures using the enlarger timer at <1 second can be a problem, even with a pre-warmed bulb. Even Ortho at ISO 40-80 is significantly faster than paper. With a shutter I can start with the bulb on. Since I have the LF lenses, and I find it makes things easier, that's how I do it when the need arises. I could reduce the light output and try to stay in reasonable reciprocity correction levels. I'm just lazy 8-)

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    Controlling consistent exposures using the enlarger timer at <1 second can be a problem, (...)I could reduce the light output and try to stay in reasonable reciprocity correction levels
    Thanks, that does clear out a few things. I looked up the 2 films I want to use; one has a reciprocity failure past 10 sec, the other past 128sec. So, I guess I'll try to go the enlarger way, with a 80A and a 1 or 2 stop neutral density, wich would bring the neg to an ISO 10 or 20. This should give me a manageable exposure time that might be more consistent. If this doesn't work, then it's pinhole construction time for me!
    Thank you all for your help!

Lodo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin