Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,715   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Use a densitometer or spectrophotometer to check it out if it's really 18% gray.
    I possess neither of these fine tools, but I do have negatives that are exposed to my expectations, so I would guess that it must be close enough to serve the purpose.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Use a densitometer or spectrophotometer to check it out if it's really 18% gray.
    Or compare the reading you get off of it with a reading from a grey card.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's likely not "spectrally neutral" enough to be a reliable gray reference. But there's nothing wrong with using it. And then depending on if your results are good, too light or too dark, you'll know how good a reference it is.

Shooter
    Medium Format

EXPOSURE/SHUTSPEED

THANKS GUYS found all your threads really helpfull.steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    It's likely not "spectrally neutral" enough to be a reliable gray reference. But there's nothing wrong with using it. And then depending on if your results are good, too light or too dark, you'll know how good a reference it is.
    You are right there... there are far too many types of beer spilled on my camera case to guarantee any sort of spectral consistency.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin