Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,496   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole,
    Aren't you concerned about the salt in the air affecting your camera? Years ago, I took a 35mm SLR to a beach in California to photograph surfers and I had to have it CLA'ed when I got home because all the moving parts felt sticky afterwards. I'd check into this first, after all, it is a Hasselblad and you don't want to ruin it just for one assignment.
    Ara

Arigram - I was laughing over the sniper comment!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ara, I know what you mean. But at the same time, what's the point of having a Blad and leaving it indoors. I prefer to 'live a little' .
    I also live just 3 minutes from the beach (gotta love it!!!) and everything is 'under threat'. With tender loving care the survival rate is better than average.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    Cant you take a cheaper camera on the beach?, I use an old Yashicamat,I keep for this purpose, and wouldn't worry too much if the sand got in it, If I had Blad. I would.

Shooter
    35mm
    Switching between two different cameras with different control layouts etc helps to slow one down. A person cna get used to many things. I believe that the pop up magnifier is very handy. I believe the left to right reversal is very unhandy when working quickly. A prism is less handy for focussing due to both brightness and magnification but it does get rid of the left to right reversal. While you can improve your technique with the Hasseblad it is unlikely that it will ever become as handy as a motor driven auto focus 35mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin