Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 862

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exposure Record

Shooter
    35mm

Exposure Record

Before my negatives get out of control as in not organized, and getting my butt in gear with keeping exposure records, this is the method so far. It will span over 3 sleeves in a three ring binder. The first sleeve will be my print file of my negs, second sleeve will be the contact print and third will be my exposure record. The attached PDF is the form that I just created about an hour ago. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Also, you are more then welcome to use this form to your benefit.

The next system on my list is how to keep a print record.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can probably directly 3 hole punch your contact sheet.

I assume you mean a contact sheet, rather than individual contact prints.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd think a column for which lens you used would be helpful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, contact sheet.

I didnt think of adding a lens option due the only lenses I have are 50mm for my two bodies, a 2.0 for my k1000 and 1.4 for my ElanII. That could be a notes item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zackesch View Post
    Yes, contact sheet.

I didnt think of adding a lens option due the only lenses I have are 50mm for my two bodies, a 2.0 for my k1000 and 1.4 for my ElanII. That could be a notes item.
    You will find that information of this nature will most likely be of most value some time after you record it.

Trust us, you will be at least tempted to build your lens collection . And when you do, you will appreciate having a space to record it.

You may as well include a spot to record the lens as well. And the approximate focal length too (for any zoom lens you may acquire).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Point taken. Lens added.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You would also need a section to record what camera you used. It'll help to troubleshoot problems should that happen in the future.

You'll definitely need some way to know which film this sheet of record ties to. Things like this has a tendency to get mixed up. It may be clear now but 10 years later, you may not be able to tell.

Are you sure you can keep this up? It's a lot of work to have this kind of record for every frame of every roll. I don't doubt this is great idea. I just don't know if this is practical.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the Exposure Comp column for?

Shooter
    35mm
    TK, I do have a spot for the camera used. At the bottom, there is a spot "body" for what camera body was used.

Eddie, the Exposure comp is exposure compensation "EV".

Included is both a spot for both Film type with native ISO and shot ISO. An example would be: Film and ISO/ HP5+ Shot ISO/ 1600
    The roll spot is for my numbering system: year, month, day roll, Frame

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd put the information you put on the bottom up on top. When you're scrolling through a binder, it will be easier to find.
    I'd also add your developer/development time/temperature/ N, +1, -1, etc. information to that top line.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin