Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,129   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oboy! Thanks. More trips down memory lane.
    I've used liquid electrical tape, but it needs to be fairly thick as it is just a little transparent. Used it on a Toyo view bellows, followed with a little black paint. So far so good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool! I'll give that a shot. Inside or outside the bellows? Does it matter?

Shooter
    35mm
    The second shot on post 10 looks like half moon marks from a battle loading 120 film onto a spiral.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, that's what that is.

This was my first roll of developing 120 film, so I had a bit of trouble getting the film started.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Black fabric paint from the craft section of the local Walmart is an excellent bellows patching compound, and it's opaque. The paint is used for making custom designs on T-shirts. It's easy to check a lens for fogging. Open the camera, open the back, set the aperture wide open and hold the shutter open on 'B'. Hold the camera up and look through the lens at a light source. Any fogging will be very noticeable. Be prepared to take the lens apart to clean the inner surfaces.

I bought a couple of old pre-1940 folders, a Zeiss Ikon Nettar and a Voigtlander Bessa. They both had lenses very badly fogged on the inner surfaces.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Cool! I'll give that a shot. Inside or outside the bellows? Does it matter?
    I don't think it will matter much. As long as the material used doesn't flake off on the inside and stick to your film or somewhere else you don't want. I found it easier to do it from the outside, but then I didn't really care about the appearance after I was done. (you have to be fairly close to notice though)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin