Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,395   Online: 1065

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone using Kodak CC filters?

Hey all–

I haven't been able to find any good info on using Kodak's gel CC filters. I'm trying to figure out if they can be used to replicate Kodak's 8x series of balancing filters. I have the following:

05G, 10G
    05M, 20M, 40M
    05B, 10B
    05Y, 30Y

I just recently got a sixticolor color temp meter for cheap and would love if these filters could be used in combination to balance light. Does anyone have any experience with these? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, they can be used, but your set is quite "broken" and lacks all of the filters needed to do the job. They come in 6 varieties (R, G, B and C, M, Y). They also come in gradations of .025, .05, .10, .20, .30, .40, and .50. Thus you need 42 filters to cover all situations.

Your set has big holes in it.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, ok then. I won't try to compile my set as gel filters seem to be ridiculously expensive these days. I guess looking out for a set of 80 series filters would be best.

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin