Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,453   Online: 709

Thread: WTF....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTF....

Was at a church social Sunday evening, wanted to get a shot of a few members manning a couple of cider presses, set everything up and got a meter reading and snapped a 4x5 with the old B&J press. I developed the negs yesterday, and couldn't figure out WTF this shot was. I never shot this at any time, I thought it was unexposed, I had just loaded the holder from a box of Efke PL 100 that I purchased as a partial box for cheap. After shooting half dozen negs, this popped up on me. The ghost images are my exposure on top of the shot of the field. I dont remember who i bought it from, but the original exposure was spot on.
    So, if anyone out there recognizes the location, lemme know. Interresting to say the least. Now I'm wondering how many more pre-exposed sheets are in the box.
    BTW, the cider was da bomb, fresh pressed local picked apples, also roasted a whole pig, it was delish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTF.jpg  
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Around noon at a park with deciduous trees, my guess is East of the Rockies from those mid-day clouds. Probably pretty far East since I get the impression it might be humid.... There. I've narrowed it down to 1/2 a continent!

I can imagine this happening.. I sometimes stick exposed sheets of film or paper back in the lightproof bag to process later...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think film seller , he would be happy to find long lost picture.

ps. I think I was fast to read , may be you bought from APUG and someone remembers i Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I invented a drink called the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    Two parts Bourbon
    One part orange bitters
    Two parts prune juice.
    Serve at room temp.

The thread title reminded me of it...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I invented a drink called the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    Two parts Bourbon
    One part orange bitters
    Two parts prune juice.
    Serve at room temp.

The thread title reminded me of it...
    Sounds tasty..Already have the trots, though. But I'll try it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a similar experience last week though not a double exposure. I developed a stack of 4x5 holders and after all the sheets were hung and dry I discovered a barn on one sheet. I swear to God I did not shoot that barn. I shoot a lot of barns but not this one. In addition to regular spot metering with a Pentax spotmeter, I also always take a reference shot with the Pocket Meter app on the iPhone and sync that with Dropbox and I reviewed those photos and that barn was nowhere to be found. I quadruple reviewed my exposure notebook and nothing in there about this particular barn. I can only conclude it was a sheet already exposed (badly) in a sheet film holder I bought on "The Bay" but I clean out my holders with a brush religiously before loading new film so I should have caught that if it was in there. I like a good mystery but this is really weird.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had this happen once with some sixty-year-old infrared film! The first couple of sheets in the box turned out already to have latent images from the Portland/Vancouver area. Fortunately I'd exposed them through an IR filter and the film's IR sensitivity was long gone, so I didn't blow away the previous owner's shots.

(The images came out mottled in the manner of film that's sat around undeveloped for a long time, so I assume they were latent, rather than being developed negatives that someone had put back in the box. But I can't be 100% sure.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin