Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,009   Online: 1172

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy's Light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    Murphy is an optimist!
    Well, I believe that it's always the right light to photograph something... =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Several years ago I was photographing in Yellowstone National Park rather early in the morning as I recall it was looking East down the Nez Perce Creek. Everything about the lighting with mist and all was perfect. Just after removing my camera from the tripod and placing it back in my backpack from behind my view a flock of ducks or geese in perfect "V" formation flew into the scene in just the right position of what would have been the frame. Oh well, that's how it goes at least the picture remains in my mind's eye (the location of my best pictures that got away).

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Ha! EXACTLY! I've got stories like that. I'm half convinced that if you see a photo, think about it, and then even for half a heartbeat think "I'll come back and get it later", whatever is in the scene will just disappear into a parallel universe.
    That's happened to me enough times that I never leave the house without a camera. I've had too many ex-girlfriends (ex for a reason!) who said "Put down the camera and let's GO!" Needless to say, every time I was forced to drop the camera before getting in the car, we passed a perfectly photogenic scene. As Murphy's light dictates, now that I carry my camera everywhere there are 90% less beautiful landscapes wherever I happen to be!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What gets me are the times when I *get* that instant of light, everything goes off perfectly, I'm sure I've taken the Greatest Photo Ever, and then when I develop it, the image that I imagined so brilliantly turns out to be completely blah.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    hilarious.

You know about the light, it just won't stop long enough. It's what makes things beautiful, and enticing. my wife still doesn't understand when i point to the wonderful pastels and how beautiful they are. even though i do B&W.
    It's just an issue with "speed of dark", as per Terry Pratchett's DiscWorld:

The speed of dark is known to be greater than that of light. It must be, otherwise the dark wouldn’t be able to get out of the light’s way.

Except in this case,, darkness does not want to get off the way, but go where it wants ;-)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of the above and probably some others I've chosen to forget, too. Murphy and me, we go waaaaaaay back. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin