Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,003   Online: 831

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Would a bag bellows help minimze bellows flare? I haven't tried that yet.
    Maybe some but the light is still in there... The best solution is to simply block the excess image circle. Since you already have the compendium hood you should be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    When using a compendium, extend it till it impinges on the ground-glass image then back off a bit for maximum effect.
    This is how I've always done it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Alright, to give an update: I listened to everybody's advice and tried a variety of fixes. I had success with pulling the compendium shade further out while also covering the camera with my dark cloth as added precaution. The negatives have increased contrast by eliminating the excess fog. The highlights are about the same density as before, but the shadows are reduced to a normal level. Thanks to everyone that chimed in and gave suggestions.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad you got it figured out. I kind of enjoy the troubleshooting process myself, but there's a point where you just want to take photos and not fuss with it. At least now you are past the fussing with it part and get back to taking photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent news, Greg.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin