Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,120   Online: 929

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I shoot trains at night, using big flash set ups. Keep in mind everything is black when I am there. Let's say I took a shot as the train goes by, and then look at the LCD and see the exposure wasn't quite right or the lighting uneven. Can I simply make adjustments and ask the train to back up and run past me again? No, it has to be perfect the first time. In that regard, it doesn't matter so much if I shoot with my Nikon D7100 or my Rolleiflex.

Kent in SD
    I bet you've surprised some engine crews for sure!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am telling the truth and only truth , when I am using a Leica , I suprise how much information and qualities it puts to the image and When I use a japanese camera , I suprise how it puts terrible information and destroy the image. I used 2 IIIF and 2 IIIC , a Leicaflex with Summitar, Elmar and Summicron and I believe I spent the best time , quality time in my life. One French Champagne , Rotschild Wine and Belgium Beers and when I saw my love first time. Life was basic to me. I booght an Bolex and I am wishing a new woman.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Hey Film can beat digital in the realm of instant gratification Polaroid/Fujiroid/Impossible 30 - 60 secs from photo to print. And you can review the final result not the in between.
    Actually, digital won that battle and put Polaroid out of business.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Often surprised, Velvia always surprises me with how colourful it is. I can take a shot of a sunset, and think 'this will look great on Velvia', and when I get it back (even though my composition etc. might be poor) I'm always surprised by how vivid the colour is.

Long exposures often surprise me too, sometimes due to movement in the scene (planned or unplanned) or sometimes due to reciprocity characteristics of the film I'm using.

I want to try new things and be surprised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got two 4x5 sheet of Fomapan out of the tank, exposed in my pinhole camera a few days ago.

Not only do they appear reasonably well exposed, but the development seems OK too.

Every time I do this, it seems like witchcraft has taken place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I never get the image that I saw. That's why I love photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's an illusion that you get exactly what you want, or that you know exactly what was captured and how, with digital.

You can see on the LCD screen, sure, but with a little experience you can be as confident about what you captured on film.

Either way, you don't know that everything turned out exactly right until you get the image enlarged, either on a computer screen or on photographic paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    I think it's an illusion that you get exactly what you want, or that you know exactly what was captured and how, with digital.

You can see on the LCD screen, sure, but with a little experience you can be as confident about what you captured on film.
    How about things like eye blinks and strange smiles?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    How about things like eye blinks and strange smiles?
    Yes, those things often are not caught until the photo is enlarged.

Shooter
    35mm
    The results sometimes are not what I expected but it's rare. I would agree with her that instant confirmation with digital is an advantage. I think it's the biggest advantage digital can offer. Other things not really.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin