Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,906   Posts: 1,584,601   Online: 943

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    in photography,everything depends on everything else and the currentorbitalpositions of majorheavenly bodies.
    There's an app for that.

http://photoephemeris.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    There's an app for that.

http://photoephemeris.com/
    Yup...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391184819.812832.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	81265

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391184826.513028.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	81266

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391184831.861791.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	81267

Though I never used the filter options before, just did that ahead of time (improperly apparently).

It's a great app though, a LF Forum member made it by request.

The version 2 is coming out any day now! It's worth the price! (I got in early but I know the version 2 is $10 but has zone system capability including taking a snapshot of the scene and then notating the exposure readings you want/zones and also a log book you can later download to Dropbox/excel to keep all your notes, the version 2 is very robust.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think in terms of EV values, that way one can work in either f/stop changes or shutter speed changes, or use them in combination. That's
    why many convenient meters, such as the Pentax spotmeters used by many of us as well as the cine industry, give EV values. In the field, I
    often don't have time to dig out some silly smart phone and punch a bunch of app buttons reliant on a half-dead battery to tell me what to do.
    The old-fashioned way is a hundred times faster and far more reliable.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I think in terms of EV values, that way one can work in either f/stop changes or shutter speed changes, or use them in combination. That's
    why many convenient meters, such as the Pentax spotmeters used by many of us as well as the cine industry, give EV values. In the field, I
    often don't have time to dig out some silly smart phone and punch a bunch of app buttons reliant on a half-dead battery to tell me what to do.
    The old-fashioned way is a hundred times faster and far more reliable.
    The smartphone tool is just like the spot meter tool, it tells you things, you could do it without the spot meter, but why not use the tools you have.

Also, half dead battery... I think not, my iPhone (with mophie case I'll admit to having) will last 2 days with antenna, if I shut that off to work in the field I could easily go 8 days with it on, if I shut it down when I'm not using it for metering or exposure stuff, I could last longer.

It would take me 20 minutes to work out all the math if I had to figure it out, with the app, I punch in data and it spits out more data, and I use that.

It's no different than a spot meter
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin