Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,133   Online: 861

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    By the way, in the example image I just posted, the first tests to determine personal EI would be done by photographing close-up only the left shadow are of the tree and the second tests to test for correct developing time would be shot close-up on the bright white wall in the background.

Bests,

David.
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    Large Format
    David,

Thanks for your response. I metered in a very dark window. When I look at your example, I am thinking that I metered in a far too dark selection. The scan doesn't look bad perhaps because the scanner software tries to make things right. However, when wet printing, using my maximum black, the print is almost completely black. Obviously I would have to expose the negative in my enlarger a way shorter time than my maximum black. The negative scan was two steps over my meter reading...in other words my box rate is 400 but in order to get what I did would be iso 100 and even that is way too dark.

Yes, I did follow the steps, closing down two stops then exposing the meter reading, two shots +1 and +2 then -1, -2 and -3.

I have not yet gotten to the experiment with development. That should be next I am sure, but I wanted to see if I could get a handle on exposure first.

Thanks again,

Alexis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BW007.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin