Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,803   Online: 983

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I want a negative density filter which gives me more light when I put it on the lens.
    I am working on that. Right now I have a prototype that increases the light by 8 times, but it has a filter factor of three stops.

I am also working on contrast filters for B&W. Filters lighten their own color and darken the opposite color. So I am working on white filters that lighten the whites (highlights) and darken the blacks (shadows), thus increasing contrast. Black filters lighten blacks and darken whites, thus decreasing contrast. But I am having trouble keeping the filter factors down with these also.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mr Rusty I notice you are in the UK, you've got a built in ND filter where you live

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I am working on that. Right now I have a prototype that increases the light by 8 times, but it has a filter factor of three stops.

I am also working on contrast filters for B&W. Filters lighten their own color and darken the opposite color. So I am working on white filters that lighten the whites (highlights) and darken the blacks (shadows), thus increasing contrast. Black filters lighten blacks and darken whites, thus decreasing contrast. But I am having trouble keeping the filter factors down with these also.
    Oh I'd like one of the black filters! Detail in all the shadows, and hours spent dodging and burning!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by declark View Post
    Mr Rusty I notice you are in the UK, you've got a built in ND filter where you live
    But not built in soft focus (smog).

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I want a negative density filter which gives me more light when I put it on the lens.
    I can do it when I screw a +3 dioptre close-up lens on the front of my standard 8x10 lens; a Fujinon-W 300mm f5.6. The combination becomes (approximately) a 150mm f2.8 lens that covers 4x5. That's two stops gained and a lot of image quality lost.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I can do it when I screw a +3 dioptre close-up lens on the front of my standard 8x10 lens; a Fujinon-W 300mm f5.6. The combination becomes (approximately) a 150mm f2.8 lens that covers 4x5. That's two stops gained and a lot of image quality lost.
    Sounds kind of like those Speed Boosters. Those ones are for mounting a 35mm lens on a 24mm sensor. Imagine what you could do with a string of similar adapters between an 8x10 lens and a 35mm film body...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to see that shot.
    -----------------------------
    In 3D where available, void where prohibited by Law.
    -------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Sounds kind of like those Speed Boosters. Those ones are for mounting a 35mm lens on a 24mm sensor. Imagine what you could do with a string of similar adapters between an 8x10 lens and a 35mm film body...
    Waste a lot of time and money, that's for certain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin