Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,981   Online: 844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think that's what I'm going to do. I will want to paint small objects, so I'll need a finer beam so I was thinking of putting a cone over the front of a small MagLite flashlight. Stuffing some tissue or cotton in there might cut own on the intensity of the light. I have lots of Polaroid to try it out with, too.

Do you have any scans you could share or any in your gallery>

Thanks.

Exactly how I feel. Lost America is an amazing compilation of work. The other person does have it down, but I'm a little 'Disney-fied' by the color--almost cartoonish. Might be nice if printed on some matte/cotton paper to cut a bit of the saturation.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by influx
    he may have it down, but the person who does lost america (http://www.lostamerica.com/lostframe.html) I think does a better job at balancing color.

Not to mention his subject matter is meaningful and strikes a very personal chord for me.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

-Nietzsche

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    I think that's what I'm going to do. I will want to paint small objects, so I'll need a finer beam so I was thinking of putting a cone over the front of a small MagLite flashlight. Stuffing some tissue or cotton in there might cut own on the intensity of the light. I have lots of Polaroid to try it out with, too.

Do you have any scans you could share or any in your gallery>

Thanks.

Mike, I did it once with a sparkler. I got the idea from the book by Lee Frost called "The Guide To Night and Low-Light Photography". GREAT book on the subject, a must-buy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firebugpp.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's some work by Michael Frye..one of my faovrites in this style..

http://www.michaelfrye.com/com/commercial8.html
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin