Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,575   Posts: 1,545,710   Online: 748

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make (photographic) hay while the day is gray.

My thought process just shifts to smaller objects, where the soft light is an advantage.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two of my favorite photographers, Bernd and Hilla Becher , seem to shoot exclusively on overcast days. More of their work.
    -Grant

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Everyone has their own preferences, but for me overcast is almost as good as just before or just after the sun goes down. No intrusive shadow lines to deal with

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "Wherever there is light one may photograph". --Alfred Stieglitz

gray, overcast day = worlds largest softbox. What's not to love. Definately not high contrast but great for portraits with a reflector.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Didn't Edward Weston say something about the variations of natural light and infinite possibilities? I acuatally prefer overcast skys when photographing people and...well, just about anything that doesn't incluse the sky. As somebody already said. Overcast skys are like God's giant softbox. And don't let a little rain silence your shutter either!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I take a lot of photographs on dull days Check out my site www.richard-littlewood.com
    Here in the Pennine area of England we get too many!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can only echo what everyone else has bought up. I live in the desert southwest and I wish we had more gray days.

Regards
    Paul

Images
    Hey Paul you are about to get your wish. Gray for several days. We're socked in, up here in the North east corner of AZ.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Hey Paul you are about to get your wish. Gray for several days. We're socked in, up here in the North east corner of AZ.

I was in Geen Valley over the weekend, the Santa Rita Mts were half covered in low clouds with shafts of sunlight peeking though. More rain later this week, looking forward to it. The folks who were flooded out are not.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin