Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 789

Shooter
    35mm

Full lunar eclipse in about 2 hours

The lunar eclipse will reach its height around 2 hours from now, give or take 1:58 AM EST according to Niel Degrass Tyson's tweets. I'll be attemping to snag a shot or two on Ektar 100 (It's what I have loaded and it blows up really well when making prints) with my maximum zoom plus a 2x converter.

Check your skies, if this kind of thing tickles your fancy. The Denver area is bright and clear and nary a cloud to be seen! Let's hope that holds for another 2 hours or so.

FYI to all.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cloudy here (of course).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Raining here, plus I have to be up in almost 6 hours, so I'd pass even if it were nice out.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Almost perfect conditions here, south of Denver. However, I must go to bed.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a 4x5 and an 8x10 set up for long trail exposures, but I confess I'm going to rely on d*g*t*l for shorter "portraits" of the eclipsed moon. The 8x10 is loaded with x-ray film, oddly enough---it's the fastest film I have in the size, but it's green-sensitive, so I expect the lunar trail will basically disappear during totality.

We have reasonable hours out here on the West Coast, but even so, I'm going to need to set an alarm for 2:30 to get up and close the shutters.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was out here in Florida to see and photograp it and had clear skies but no eclipse. don't know what happened but there was no eclipse and I have seen a few beforeso,I knew what tto look for.Kepler's laws have failed us?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I was out here in Florida to see and photograp it and had clear skies but no eclipse. don't know what happened but there was no eclipse and I have seen a few beforeso,I knew what tto look for.Kepler's laws have failed us?
    That's odd.
    Perhaps it was Murphy's law that did not fail you.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can confirm that an eclipse did take place! Sounds like something strange going on in Florida (again)...

We got some interesting clouds framing the eclipse, so some of the digital snapshots look pretty promising, but I didn't have adequate hoods on the film cameras and both lenses were pretty dewed up when I woke up at 02:45 to close the shutters. I don't know when the dew really arrived, though; I may end up with interesting trails that decay into blur at one end, or I may just have two sheets of uninteresting mush (it wouldn't be the first time).

Anyone developed their shots yet?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Ralph,

Look at the following link: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/...E2014Apr15T.pd

You should have been able to see it in Florida, although the time of Totality may have been around 3AM local time.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin