I am thinking of shooting some long exposures with TMAX 100. Since It will be the 1st time of doing so I would like to make sure I have the basics covered so please confirm my below understandings and provide any useful extra info. if necessary.
1. For a correct exposure. The films reciprocity failure must be taken into account and this means that, If I plan on using a 10-Stop ND filter, I would:
- Meter for the scene as I normally would for the shadows
- Calculate the respective exposure with the 10-Stop ND in place
- Increase the "new" exposure value according to the reciprocity failure of the film
So as an example, if normal exposure is 1/8 sec, then with the ND filter the same is 2 min and with the reciprocity failure in mind it would be 4 min. Is this correct?
2. Can anyone point to the direction of a good/reliable reciprocity failure chart for TMAX 100 and perhaps other films as well?
3. One last question, what are the available options to keep the shutter open for minutes using the cable release?
Many thanks in advance!