Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,077   Online: 896

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe not, but stuff may surprise you. I have a couple of example shots I use - both at f2, about 1/8 or 1/4 sec, one inside a nearly pitch black room, the other outside at night. ISO 100 pushed slightly (probably 1 stop or so.) I'll see if I can find them and upload them. They're perfectly fine. Not great, mind you, but in no way bad...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Am I the only one who would think to use a flash in such a situation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Ha! See my previous comment, your not alone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the scene has great light and mood, why would you want to destroy it with a flash? The only time I would ever use flash is when I have light modifiers, can set them up, meter etc and after 1 hour take a shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Ha! See my previous comment, your not alone!
    I feel better now. I missed that in your prior post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    If the scene has great light ...
    But it didn't. There certainly wasn't enough to get the shot at that time, and it is only speculation that one might get the shot with faster film had some been available.

It is sometimes a tough choice: get a shot that is less than "real" versus not getting a shot at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I almost always shoot 100 speed for 35mm. If I know I will encounter some low light situations, I bring a mini-tripod (like a tabletop model) and cable release. The tripod I can brace against a pole or mailbox or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But it didn't. There certainly wasn't enough to get the shot at that time, and it is only speculation that one might get the shot with faster film had some been available.

It is sometimes a tough choice: get a shot that is less than "real" versus not getting a shot at all.
    It would have been great light if the equipment allowed, but since it didn't. It wasn't meant to be. A flash would alter scene dramatically. Since to me light is very important. Even if there's not a lot of it.

Sometimes it's not meant to be, so got to be prepared for it. For example the following photo which is Delta pushed to 6400, would be very different if taken with flash (my friend took same photo with flash and they were):

Hands by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    It would have been great light if the equipment allowed, but since it didn't. It wasn't meant to be. A flash would alter scene dramatically. Since to me light is very important. Even if there's not a lot of it.

Sometimes it's not meant to be, so got to be prepared for it. ...
    You are absoulutely correct. Sometimes it's not meant to be!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    800 is not enough for squat in low light...
    It's only one stop less than 1600, which the OP had stated as an option "I wish I'd had some Delta3200 or natura 1600 or something along those lines with me." So you're under exposed by a stop, that's not unrecoverable in the darkroom. Heck, even two stops is thin and gets you inky shadows, but if the photo was interesting it'll still be interesting. And of course, you can push the whole roll if you want to. Throw it in Tmax and you can get 3200 out of it (or so the Massive Dev Chart tells me, I've never tried).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin