Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,984   Online: 985

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Given that it's Kodachrome, I can 100% guarantee that it was shot on or before January 18 2011
    This is accurate

I'm just not allowed to say the date, suffice to say I did take a picture of a horrible news paper cover just for the "proof"

Shooter
    35mm
    This wasn't on 9/11 was it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Film is a very flexible medium. It will usually yield results, even when "experts" say it won't.
    couldn't agree more ...

and the reason is the so-called experts never wander from their well beaten path they just dispense knowledge with no experience
    regarding " what will happen if i do this, or that " they will just say "don't do this or that because, your results won't be yadda yadda yadda "
    its best to try, and learn .. especially since not everyone's cameras or light meters or anything else are calibrated exactly the same ... lots of wiggle room...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remember that a lot can be done in post, especially if you are using a computer somewhere in that process.

Here is something I read a while back: https://www.flickr.com/groups/ishoot...7632397197365/
    I used T-max 400 a lot in holgas and box cameras after that and usually had great results, even with wet printing. I've moved on to HP5+ now and it hasn't let me down either.

I usually carry a roll of HP5+ and one roll of Portra 400, they are both very flexible films.

Lastly, here is a frame from a roll of Fomapan 400 (known for it's low real speed and unwillingness to "push"). Something went bad during processing and the negatives were extremely thin. Wouldn't come close even with the hardest contrast dialed in on my enlarger. Scanning saved the day this time (somewhat). At least it's an image, and I like it's Weegee-ishness.

Midnight madness by Tinfoil Jesus, on Flickr

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin