Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,667   Online: 893

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdan View Post
    I shoot a roll of FP4+ @200 on sunday. I developed it using ID-11 according to the instructions in the film packaging.
    http://flic.kr/s/aHsjYoufF7

1. stock dev for 10 mins (agitate 10sec every min)
    2. ilford stop bath for 10 seconds
    3. ilford rapid fix for 3 mins
    4. 5 mins wash
    5. 30seconds fuji flo

I don't know what it is, but the photos don't look as punchy as I'd like them to be.
    Would Tri-X at 200 be punchier? Or should I change something when developing the film?

Thanks
    Your exposure and development is as contrastyas I would go with that film.If you want more ,it has to come from the printing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    How are the members of this forum to judge whether your negatives lack (or not) punch from a digitized version? The S***r adjusts (stretch/shrink) automagically the values present on the film to fit into 0-255. I don't dare go into details for fear my post would be deteted because referring to the D thing.
    I recently under-developed some film (wrong published times) to a contrast index of 0.45, barely printable on grade 4.5. But my S***d files look quite good. As mentioned by other responders, what counts is what you can print under the enlarger.

Something else. From accumulated measurements with known good light meters, I found (and I'm not alone in that respect) that "sunny 16" should really be "sunny 11" in most cases. And, if significant open shadows are present (not dominant) in the picture, that becomes "sunny 8".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
    How are the members of this forum to judge whether your negatives lack (or not) punch from a digitized version?
    Simple for me, the OP said so.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
    Something else. From accumulated measurements with known good light meters, I found (and I'm not alone in that respect) that "sunny 16" should really be "sunny 11" in most cases. And, if significant open shadows are present (not dominant) in the picture, that becomes "sunny 8".
    Those are fair choices, simply because it gets you what you want.

It is really rare for me to "need" more exposure than box speed.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Shoot two films of the same type on the same day under the same settings and with the same camera. Develop one film yourself and send one film to a professional lab. Then check witch negatives you like best.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    The OP shot FP4+ @200 in ID11 that is less than box speed id not try 200 in Microphen...

Shooter
    35mm
    f/11 vs f/16 is not about deviating from box speed. Just take a known good meter and measure in reflected light a number of sunlit scenes. Especially, but not only, landscapes with foliage.
    Simple for me, the OP said so.
    Then he knows what he's doing, and no need to show us a digital version of his pictures. You gave better advice in your post #5 of this thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The link suddenly worked.

I think the film looks normal. The light is a bit flat due to the overcast conditions.

The light metering has some emphasis on the sky, leading to some under-exposure of the ground. You can do a multi exposure scan to capture more detail and then bring up exposure a bit in post.

But I would say the film worked as it's supposed to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin