Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,963   Online: 868

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    You need to look at the film surface front and back with a magnifying lens and with glancing illumination.

Might be helpful to know what camera you used as well.
    Yes, the lines are on the film. I used a canon ae-1 with its original 50mm lens. The lens is flawless. I have used this camera for about 5 and a half months now and have never had this problem.
    Last edited by LifeIn35mm; 06-10-2014 at 11:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"The world is cold and times are bad
    ...War and drugs are everywhere
    And it’s getting so hard to breathe the air
    But it doesn’t have to be like this
    All the rancor and bitterness
    If we can just open our eyes
    We can make the world a paradise someday" Ce Ce Rogers

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIn35mm View Post
    Yes, the lines are on the film. I used a canon ae-1 with its original 50mm lens. The lens is flawless. I have used this camera for about 5 and a half months now and have never had this problem.
    Thanks

Some of the problem may be physical damage and show on film surface web conjecture is risky. You need to look at negative surface it needs to be marr free.

My phone is small and real difficult to view thumbnails with but the one from bottom thumbnail with the top to bottom lighter column could be a shutter problem.

Please review cause if you have other frames with similar symptoms it is look at camera time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks

Some of the problem may be physical damage and show on film surface web conjecture is risky. You need to look at negative surface it needs to be marr free.

My phone is small and real difficult to view thumbnails with but the one from bottom thumbnail with the top to bottom lighter column could be a shutter problem.

Please review cause if you have other frames with similar symptoms it is look at camera time.
    The light column is actually just a light leak. I replaced the seals but didn't in a spot so every so often I will get an image like so. Thanks for the concern though, it's appreciated.
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Please confirm the column extends into the sprocket holes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Please confirm the column extends into the sprocket holes.
    Confirmed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lines are on the film. And if you look at image 2 and 5 they both have the same line in the bottom right.
    All your images have that dark line on them, you just don't see it in the ones with a dark lower right corner. It is a hair or fibre in your camera in front of the shutter, or just behind it in front of the film plane. Should be easy to remove. The random white lines are debris - the scans were obviously done by a beatnik who knows nothing about dust blowers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hopefully your film is not in as bad condition as your scans.

The black line at bottom right is indeed a hair in the gate.

I would honestly take the film back to where you had it scanned and ask them to re-do the scans.

Also if you have a light leak I would have your camera serviced and repaired, its only ever the great photograph that you always wanted to take that will have the light leak.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The lines are on the film. And if you look at image 2 and 5 they both have the same line in the bottom right.
    Its likely a fiber or a hair caught in the shutter gate. Remove the film from the camera and open the shutter on bulb and clean the gate. This is common, although yours is quite large. Take a close look at the edge of Cartier-Bressons photographs sometime, he had plenty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hopefully your film is not in as bad condition as your scans.

The black line at bottom right is indeed a hair in the gate.

I would honestly take the film back to where you had it scanned and ask them to re-do the scans.

Also if you have a light leak I would have your camera serviced and repaired, its only ever the great photograph that you always wanted to take that will have the light leak.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    This and the post just before.

I do my own developing and scans and have four dogs and never get this much dust on them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for all you help people. I will have them rescan them tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin