Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,709   Online: 970

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Your favorite analog format? Why?

Hey everyone!

Excuse me if this is the wrong subsection as I'm new. I couldn't help but notice many users here have multi-format listed on their profile.

More specifically, what is your absolute favorite analog photography format and why?

GO!

Thanks everyone,

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    35mm because slide projectors for this format are readily available and inexpensive. 6x6 because the format reminds me of 126 which I shot as a very young boy.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Dan,
    for me is medium format #1,but 35mm I us every day ,everyone prefer other format ,it is individual

borek

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Favourites are restrictive but if forced to choose then it would be whole plate for me. Big enough to cope and in a nicer ratio than 8x10. It works as well in landscape as it does in portrait.

RR

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Medium format for me. 6x6 and 6x4.5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I enjoy 6x6 very much because I enjoy the option of keeping the image as a square (which has been refreshing after using 6x4.5 and 35mm for a while) and being able to crop it into a rectangular format when printing. I just enjoy the way that things look inside of a square...along the same lines, I think I enjoy 120 the best because the negative is bigger, yet the cameras are still very portable for street shooting. 35mm is nice for something to be done quickly, or with an automatic camera..Just my 2 cents
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must list them together, as I love all my children equally. 8x10 plate/paper, 4x5 plate/paper/film, Half-Plate plate/paper, 5x7 film/paper/plate. For me the construction and age of the camera being used is also important. Not just the size of a plate, film, or paper. For the camera side of the equation I would prefer a wooden view camera over 100 years old, a normal brass lens, and no shutter. I see this as "having your pie, and eating it too". And why not? If you're going to make the investment, why not invest in equipment that you really enjoy using. But I suppose I can say that, as I don't make a living from photography. Another variable that folks might want to consider when buying apparatus is . . . "what format (size) or material do you want to work with when it comes time to print?". I enjoy contact printing as much as enlarging. I prefer working with paper-negatives and plates, followed by modern sheet-film.
    Last edited by DannL.; 07-13-2014 at 10:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    5x4, 4x5, Half-Plate, 5x7, 8x10, 6x9cm, 6x7cm, 6x6cm, 6X4.5cm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    35MM. It's the multitude of cameras,accessories and films. If I really want that giant size blow up (which is never) I have a Yashica 124G. Think I've shot 2 rolls in a decade or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I've shot 4x5 for many years now, I find myself using my 6x7 MF unit more and more these days. It works great and it's cheaper to run too. I still enjoy 4x5, but just having a reunion with my original gear as of late.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    5x4 has been my favorite format of choice for nearly 30 years although I've been shooting it for close to 40 years. It's the controls using LF and it's practicality, I can shoot hand-held when needed.

Second is 6x6 with a TLR, I always work to the format.

Ian

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin