Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,831   Posts: 1,582,290   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Another critique for LifeIn35mm?

Hey everyone! I am a subscribing member but I cannot find out where the official critique section is so I will just be posting it on here for now. Well here it goes. I did crop them on my computer (screen shot, if there are any programs that I can crop them in please let me know so the photos won't have to be so small). And like I said in my last critique, please be as brutally honest as possible! I am a beginning photographer (started January).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.23.04 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.23.42 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.24.26 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.24.44 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.01 PM.png  

Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.11 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.22 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.31 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.43 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 6.25.55 PM.png  

"…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"The world is cold and times are bad
    ...War and drugs are everywhere
    And it’s getting so hard to breathe the air
    But it doesn’t have to be like this
    All the rancor and bitterness
    If we can just open our eyes
    We can make the world a paradise someday" Ce Ce Rogers

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a Critique Gallery, posting is for subscribers like you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    There is a Critique Gallery, posting is for subscribers like you.
    The problem is, is that I can't figure out where it is?
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIn35mm View Post
    The problem is, is that I can't figure out where it is?
    Click on "Gallery" in the top tool bar.

When the Gallery comes up scroll down until you see the various Gallery sections shown. Critique Gallery will be pretty obvious.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Decent action shots. Positioning seems good to capture cars.

A couple of suggestions.
    1. Slow down your shutter speeds a bit and pan with the car. That will blur the background a bit giving the suggestion of speed and motion. Try at various shutter speeds to see which one gives you a nice effect. Sometimes absolute stop motion is fine, but the suggestion of blur mixed in with the sharp focus on the car is even better.
    2. Try for some tighter shots if you have a zoom. The back of the car is already obscured so you won't miss a lot if you are tightened up on the front.
    Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Click on "Gallery" in the top tool bar.

When the Gallery comes up scroll down until you see the various Gallery sections shown. Critique Gallery will be pretty obvious.
    I posted them on the critique section. I am going to keep this thread open as well (I think that I will get more advice on this).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps you are right but the critiques from the gallery may be better done because people go there specifically to comment.

Critique us. Let us know how it works.
    Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Us non-subscribers can't even see Gallery photos which kind've sucks.

I like these a lot. I like how they fit together as a series. I know the race course is probably pretty tied down but it would be nice to get a couple different angles. And maybe a little less foreground. I mean, switch it up a bit. Even from where you're standing a wider angle lens with more sky and less foreground would have looked like a totally different photo.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are interested in capturing motor sports images, I would suggest that you look at some magazines to see how the pros do it. I agree with the suggestion that you should pan with the subject to give a more dynamic look. In these shots, you have captured very well the motion of the dirt clouds, but the cars look stationary. It might appear that they have run over some explosive device! Try panning shots of vehicles on the highway for practice. You can get some interesting images, even with ordinary vehicles.
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah.

And we need some human interest. Where is the pretty girl kissing the winner?? You missed that one.
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin