Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,981   Online: 748

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I often make contact sheets for ease of reference in the darkroom when doing enlargements, posting one wouldn't accomplish your goal, Eric. When doing LF, I usually "work" the scene with a framing aid first, and then set up only at the selected location(s).
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Contact sheets are interesting, showing the "flow" of a particular session.. and possibly something of an insight into the photographer's selection process. Patric Demarchelier's web site includes a number of his contact sheets.

One word of caution - the images here are NOT "finished" and they are not meant to - and do NOT represent my "best" work -- they only illustrate "starting points" for the darkroom work.

In one of the critques posted to my "Untitled", in the Critque gallery, something was said to the effect of "an unhappy, tense model". I don't think so ... you might draw your own conclusios from the contact sheet -- one of eight from that session.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ECct01.jpg  
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Ed. That's jsut the stuff I'm looking for. Shows as you say the flow. If we could get people more involved in this thread I think it could be very instructional for the newbies. They could see our contacts and make suggestions ask questions and we could do the same for them.

There's a lot of talent on this board for sure.

As far as your contacts Ed, I like the middle row, second down and also the one just to the right of it. She looks very relaxed to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great idea Eric. I'll be interested to see how others here arrive at their good images too.
    I tend to use sheet film for landscape stuff, so I could get the contact sheets together from a day out. I'm a bit like Les about contact sheets on the 35mm, but I'll dig something out. My scanner is due to arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm in on this! Just to many things going on to put it together. This thread could be the best one yet so ERIC, Hold on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Eric, here's one that's also demonstrating what old spirals can do to films. [The damn thing chewed my film!]

Sindos' abandoned trains yard, 2005.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin