Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,649   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calypso Imaging

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Thanks Matt. Their pricing was one of the reasons I was confused/concerned. I've never run across any pricing like that before. Being a landscape guy, I'm not going to complain!!
    When I was at Calypso, I asked if pictures of my kid count for the discount. After all, they aren't commercial. The guy at the desk smiled and said, "Make sure there is some landscape behind him in some of the pictures".

I have gone in there with negatives of my kid to print. At the same time, they have had people picking up or dropping off major commercial orders. They never made me feel like I was taking too much of their time. Neither did the other customers. I really like them.

If they were open Saturday, I would love them!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    A few weeks ago, someone on the forum (I forgot who) mentioned Calypso Imaging in Santa Clara, CA. I am considering sending them a batch of Velvia to be processed. I would like to know if anyone has used them for processing E6 and whether they are a good company to do business with. I am concerned because their price is so much better than others in the industry; I just found out that Chromacolor, who I had been using is no longer in business.

Thanks in advance,
    Greetings,

I own Calypso Imaging and the reason for our low prices are three fold:
    1. Our Refrema Olympic dip & dunk E-6 processor is paid for.
    2. As the film market shrinks we want to attract a steady volume of work all the way up until the time film vanishes.
    3. We specialize in the Nature, Fine Art, Landscape and Travel markets. These folks still shoot mostly film which ties into our drum scanning, Lightjet and giclée printing services.

I will be glad to process & ship you a free roll or sheet of E-6 if you will send it to my attention.

We continue to process C-41 and our lowest film pricing is now availible as 24hour E-6 to any and all clients.

Regards,

Joe levine
    President
    Calypso Imaging, Inc.
    2002 Martin Ave.
    Santa Clara, CA. 95050
    408/727-2318
    customerservice@calypsoinc.com
    www.calypsoinc.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Levine
    2. As the film market shrinks we want to attract a steady volume of work all the way up until the time film vanishes.
    Ouch! "film vanishes" is not a phrase APUG wants to hear!

Thanks for the post--as I noted before, I really like your company. Good quality, great people.

Matt

Images
    I love your work Joe. Welcome to Apug. Stick around. Except for the recent sillyness this is a nice place to be.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Levine
    I will be glad to process & ship you a free roll or sheet of E-6 if you will send it to my attention.
    Hi Joe,

I sent you an order of 120 sheets of Velvia last week to process, all based upon the responses on this thread. These are all people that I respect and they all say good things about Calypso. I'm looking forward to working with a company that won't disappear, like Chromacolor in San Diego did (where I used to send all my work). I live in Hawaii and there is no one here that processes large format E6 (not sure if I can even get 35mm E6 done here anymore).

Thanks, and welcome to APUG!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just wanted to follow up on this - I just received my first order back from Calypso and I want to thank everyone who responded. Their service was great, and the quality of their developing first-rate. I will be using them again, I just wish I had found them a long time ago.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin