Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,870   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calypso Imaging

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Calypso Imaging

A few weeks ago, someone on the forum (I forgot who) mentioned Calypso Imaging in Santa Clara, CA. I am considering sending them a batch of Velvia to be processed. I would like to know if anyone has used them for processing E6 and whether they are a good company to do business with. I am concerned because their price is so much better than others in the industry; I just found out that Chromacolor, who I had been using is no longer in business.

Thanks in advance,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    I'm the one who mentioned them. They are a great bunch to work with and their work has been great thus far. Unless you have an order that goes above a certain amount their shipping can be painful. Unless I need something right away I save up my stuff so it exceeds the amount and then shipping is free.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Mark. I thought you did, but I can't keep up with everything that is said. I downloaded their order form after you mentioned them, but didn't order. I've got 120 sheets ready to go, I was just concerned how they could offer good service at such a low cost; I was paying $2.30 at Chromacolor.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I get my film developed at Calypso too. I have never had any problems developing my film there. Honestly the reason I develop my film (mostly E6, but I used to shoot c41 and get it developed there) is they're so close, only about 5 mintues away from where I go to school.

Brent

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks guys. I was put off by their pricing, you know "if it sounds to good to be true, it must be". It is half what I was paying. I will be sending them an order shortly.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert,

Just wanted to let you know, I will be offering E6 4 x 5 processing in about two weeks, and will be at or below what you were paying your previous company.

If of interest, drop a note, or we can talk about it in the chat room.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Calypso is down the block from where I'm typing this. I use them all the time for e6 i think they have stopped running c41.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Images
    I've used them for E-6 processing and Lightjet printing for years, and have continued to use them even after moving to Idaho. The prices may not seem real, but they are. Same level of service as the higher priced labs. By batching film orders, the shipping becomes negligible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Calypso as well.

They are very cool, as well as being good. I really like working with the people there.

Take note of their 2-tier price system. If you are fine art or landscape, you pay less than commercial customers.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Take note of their 2-tier price system. If you are fine art or landscape, you pay less than commercial customers.
    Thanks Matt. Their pricing was one of the reasons I was confused/concerned. I've never run across any pricing like that before. Being a landscape guy, I'm not going to complain!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin