Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,656   Posts: 1,668,884   Online: 824

Shooter
    Medium Format

Behind-the-Scenes of a conceptual photography shoot.

I just posted a blog update on my website where I dissect in detail a seven-part photographic series of mine. Like all of my work it is a conceptual and cinematic shoot that originated on film. I will freely admit that this style and methodology of shooting does not appeal to everyone, but I tried to make it as informative as possible and there is hopefully some good information there.
    For those that can slog through it, please feel free to comment or make suggestions if I was unclear on any point or if my techniques require further explanation. If anyone wants to link, share, or repost what I've written, you have my unlimited permission. If even one person can learn something from all of this then it's worth it.
    Warning: the post(s) are decidedly on the long side, which is why it's broken into two parts. Your bravery is appreciated.

Part 1: http://www.painterofdarkness.com/blo...enes-ash-angel

Part 2:
    http://www.painterofdarkness.com/blo...h-angel-part-2

Now It's Dark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage-XXI View Post
    I just posted a blog update on my website where I dissect in detail a seven-part photographic series of mine. Like all of my work it is a conceptual and cinematic shoot that originated on film. I will freely admit that this style and methodology of shooting does not appeal to everyone, but I tried to make it as informative as possible and there is hopefully some good information there.
    For those that can slog through it, please feel free to comment or make suggestions if I was unclear on any point or if my techniques require further explanation. If anyone wants to link, share, or repost what I've written, you have my unlimited permission. If even one person can learn something from all of this then it's worth it.
    Warning: the post(s) are decidedly on the long side, which is why it's broken into two parts. Your bravery is appreciated.

Part 1: http://www.painterofdarkness.com/blo...enes-ash-angel

Part 2:
    http://www.painterofdarkness.com/blo...h-angel-part-2
    The images, context, lighting and subjects don't float my boat, but that's just my opinion.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fair enough. But then why even bother to reply?

Now It's Dark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage-XXI View Post
    For those that can slog through it, please feel free to comment
    ??

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why comment at all? Well, you did seem to be interested in what other people think, right? My personal opinion is that there is already far, far too much violence in this world already, senseless and otherwise, and I don't think that presenting additional images of it does anything positive for anyone anywhere at any time. It's just too easy to show violence, shock value is not something I understand at all.

I feel it's much more difficult and challenging to show images that demonstrate compassion and "beauty", whatever that word may mean to others, and positive images DO definitely have a positive effect on the viewer and the world we all live in. That's what I'm about. Which is why I haven't seen any contemporary films in decades, and prefer to watch the old classics. There's surely some good cinema being made these days somewhere I guess, but I'm unwilling to slog through all the crap out there to find it.
    Last edited by momus; 03-29-2015 at 03:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

interesting

I read through it and learned some things about how these types of photographs might be lit and staged. Thanks for taking the time to share your techniques.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin