Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,037   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BTZS

Shooter
    Large Format
    For what it's worth, I can only agree with everyone above. It's well worth the read and giving it the time to try it out.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ya'll are great, and once I am back on my feet i will be taking several of you up on your offers.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess one of the questions I've been wondering about is how you guys handle film while traveling. Do you have an individual box for each SBR that you put exposed film into? And is there an easy work around for spot metering (I have the first edition book which doesn't discuss spot metering at all [or at least I can't find it])?

Cheers,

James

Images
    Good Afternoon, James,

On occasion, I have carried three separate boxes for minus, normal, and plus development. (I found that I almost never had anything to put in the "plus" box.) Others carry one box and compartmentalize it. Some also have other ways of "marking" film sheets. If you do a search on this topic, I think you'll find that it has been addressed here in the past year or so.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Konical. I too use the plus, normal and minus route but the prospect of travelling with film exposed (potentially) between SBRs 11 - 5.5 rather than just plus, normal and minus is daunting. The marking technique sounds like what I need. I'll search the forum and see what works for me. Thanks for your input.

Cheers,

James

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry
    I switched over about 4 months ago and wish I did it along time ago. I have never had such consistently good negatives to work with. Jorge really helped me allot (he should win an award) and the whole incident thing is fabulous.
    OK, That won me over. I'm a big fan of consistently good negatives. I've been on the fence for a few weeks (even though I've bought the first edition) since I need to use a spot meter. I'm ordering the BTZS Lite and the Power Dial. I would have loved to have ordered the Palm software but I'm on a Mac.

Cheers,

James

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Can anyone give me a guide to the metering methods employed by this system? I shoot trannies almost exclusively, so paper density has no relevance to me. However, I'm always interested in expanding the techniques available to me for getting my exposures spot on.

BTW, I'm a cheapskate and I don't want to fork out for a book when all I'm after is the exposure method. If that's what it takes, I will pay for it, but I'd rather not.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Can anyone give me a guide to the metering methods employed by this system? I shoot trannies almost exclusively, so paper density has no relevance to me. However, I'm always interested in expanding the techniques available to me for getting my exposures spot on.

BTW, I'm a cheapskate and I don't want to fork out for a book when all I'm after is the exposure method. If that's what it takes, I will pay for it, but I'd rather not.

Cheers,

There is no such thing as 'correct' exposure (though there is such a thing as incorrect exposure). All exposures within reason are valid interpretations of a scene. I shot two Kodachromes at a public festival a few years ago, about two stops apart, of a Chinese woman. I like them both.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornello
    There is no such thing as 'correct' exposure (though there is such a thing as incorrect exposure). All exposures within reason are valid interpretations of a scene. I shot two Kodachromes at a public festival a few years ago, about two stops apart, of a Chinese woman. I like them both.
    Perhaps I should be more specific: "correct" to me means the "exact exposure I wanted to make". Randomly firing at different exposures and later choosing the best one is not my style.

Call me a control freak if you like, but I want to make the interpretation before making my exposure, not after. If a modified BTZS exposure method helps, I'll use it.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Jay. I was hoping to add another tool to the kit, to be brought out when the need arises. Looks like this one won't help me too much.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin