Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 771

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paper light meter question

I have a technical question about a paper light meter which I found here:

Paper light meter

Can anyone explain to me why one side follows a sort of 'sunny-11' rule? I understand 'sunny-16' and use it all of the time, especially with my Canonet. Why 'sunny-11'?

Thanks,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dunno but it's neat - glad you posted the link for it. Where did you find it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some folks prefer Sunny-11 for more shadow detail.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Some folks prefer Sunny-11 for more shadow detail.
    Right on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I dunno but it's neat - glad you posted the link for it. Where did you find it?
    I actually found a link to in on RFF (rangefinder forum) when I was looking for info on the Canonet.

Thanks Ralph and Michael for the information...It makes sense.

Cheers,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Tomsk 1d

Kent,

hey, thats mine, the Tomsk1d! ;-)

Itīs based on a design by Rick Oleson... I added the Sunny 11 for us mid-european folks who know that Sunny 16 just doesnīt do it over here. Some even asked for a Sunny 8 version...

If you guys have any idea on how to improve it, tell me. Havenīt changed it in more than 2 years and I am eager to rework it...

Roman
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sunny-11 works fine in Northern Europe, sunyy-16 leads to underexposure. Further south the Sunny-16 will give correct exposure - my first few rolls in Egypt were consistently overexposed by one stop
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    Kent,

hey, thats mine, the Tomsk1d! ;-)

Itīs based on a design by Rick Oleson... I added the Sunny 11 for us mid-european folks who know that Sunny 16 just doesnīt do it over here. Some even asked for a Sunny 8 version...

If you guys have any idea on how to improve it, tell me. Havenīt changed it in more than 2 years and I am eager to rework it...

Roman
    That's brilliant Roman! A really great idea and an excellent execution. Thank's a bunch for creating it, it has really been helpful.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr

Roman
    Roman,
    Actually, I do have an idea!

After reading Fred Parker's article here: Ultimate Exposure Computer I thought that maybe adding EVs to the scale would be a good idea. I'm going to put them on mine and test it out.

Just a thought,
    Kent

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin