Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,317   Online: 863

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is my Gossen Luna-Pro working?

Hi ya'll! I have recently acquired a Gossen Luna-Pro light meter and I'm not sure if it's working properly or not. When I change the ISO I don't get much if any change in my readings. Doesn't that seem odd? I've tested the batteries and they seem fine. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thank you as always for your input

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Hi ya'll! I have recently acquired a Gossen Luna-Pro light meter and I'm not sure if it's working properly or not. When I change the ISO I don't get much if any change in my readings. Doesn't that seem odd? I've tested the batteries and they seem fine. Any ideas on what's going on?

It sounds like it is not working, have you tried taking a measurement against a working meter?...

oh..btw, I see Il douche bag could not resist another stupid comment. Looks like your thread is on the way to becoming another pile of shit....sorry Digi....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst

I guess it depends on what you mean by "don't get much if any change in my readings"

Maybe this is obvious but, if you change the film speed setting from ISO100 to ISO200 for example, the meter reading should only change by one stop...so, if the meter says f/8, 1/125 second at ISO100, then it'll say f/11, 1/125 second at ISO200....

Is this consistent with what you see? If it is, then, your meeter is fine.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, the only thing that is going to change is the f-stop/speed combination. The needle won't move, and the measured EV is the same.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    oh..btw, I see Il douche bag could not resist another stupid comment. Looks like your thread is on the way to becoming another pile of shit....sorry Digi....
    Huh? Who? Did I miss something?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Also, the only thing that is going to change is the f-stop/speed combination. The needle won't move, and the measured EV is the same.
    Acutally, I did miss something... my brain!! My God, I shock myself with how unbelievably brain-dead I can be sometimes! LOL

The meter does work... the needle doesn't move... Well duh! Thank you, Ole, for pointing out the obvious to me.

Jeez, I swear I need either more sleep or more coffee. <see Digi whack herself upside the forehead>

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    DD,

no, you missed nothing - the "Ornello" troll replied and his account seems to be suspended, his reply deleted.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Images
    Glad you figured it out. I LOVE my Luna Pro.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One other thing. If your LunaPro was manufactured prior to late 70's--early 80's, then it was made to use mercury batteries. It won't work right with the alkaline replacement batteries even though the battery number is the same. The alkaline batteries do not have the stable voltage that mercury provides, and the alkaline are 1.5 volts, compared to the 1.35 of mercury. Bogen makes an adapter that comes with batteries for somewhere if the range of 25 to 30 bucks. It seems that a lot of folks on ebay aren't aware of the conversion adapter, and sell off their LunaPros when they put in new batteries and the needle starts to bounce around.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The converter works great too. I wasn't able to use my Luna Pro for several years until I discovered the Wein air cells and, finally, the battery converter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin