Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,122   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

but, but, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvy
    The way I expose today is 2-3 stops above darkest shadow.

Terms like “place the shadow in 3rd zone” is not something I know how to do

But, I think you're doing it without even knowing it.

according to my very limited understanding of the zone system, metering the darkest shadow and choosing an exposure two stops above that is, in fact, placing the darkest shadow in zone III (2 stops)...right?

likewise, choosing an exposure three stops above would be placing the shadow in zone II

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Bob. Took me a while to read but it was a great help and it has set some order in my general understanding of the zoe system - obviously on an introductory level. What I liked both about your reply and the article(s) i the window it had open to parts of the zone system I barely new they exist but nothing more than that. Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks GaussianNoise, Yes, I have read here and there about it but it alys seems like I am missingthe bigger picture like what should be done at the highlight end and what is the roll of developing etc. also, I was also curious how much effect does it have on scanned images and reducing PS time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin