Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,301   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gossen Sixtar, a few questions. (+px13)

Today I recieved a free exposure meter, and I think it's a nice one but I haven't got a clue how it works.

When you set it at for instance 800asa the apendutures below 8 are not beneath the display in wich the meter needle shows. So how can you than read it for low apendetures? (somehow the asa is connected with the apendetures and the exposure time is the variable)

And how is it's reflective mode? Does it measure all light that comes in or can you just point it at someones face to show the light the face reflects? (You can slide the white dome aside, so I suppose that's for reflective reading.

Anyone who knows what type of battery replaces the px13? I've visited some stores and the battery type is discontinued but they both didn't know and couldn't find one that still works in the sixtar.

Thanks a million for any advice in advance

cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you read the meter you set the exposure scale to read the film and fstop recommendation. Gossen makes a converter that slips into the battery compartment so you can use a new non mercury. The Gossen has 2 metering modes, reflective and incident which the dome is for. When you use the reflective mode you stand by the camera and point the meter towards the subject you want to meter and read the scale. In the incident mode slide the dome over the cell, stand in front of the subject facing the meter and read the scale. Gossen's indicent mode is weak as the dome is not large enofe to really to do a good reading all of the light falling on the subject.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin