Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,099   Online: 797

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format

My most embarrassing mistake...

...was when I was walking along a river in a nearby town.
    I saw a Crested Grebe,and being keen on nature in general and birds in particular,I took several shots...before I realised I didn't have a film in the camera!!!!
    By the time I loaded,the...bird had flown off,and I haven't seen a Grebe since!
    DOH!!!!
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    The one that still gives me nightmares is taking the Pentax LX out for it's first real outing to cover a pancake race sponsored and competed in by all the local stores. One really great shot was everyone skidding and falling over on the wet cobble stones. When I got to frame 38 I thought no way, at frame 39 I pulled open the back swearing to myself. Well I had almost loaded the film but I hadn't given it enough leader and the film was still happily sitting at the start. Happily for me it was so wet that there were other fun moments to capture.
    Um, I've sort of done this one too...!

I was shooting around Liverpool city centre on a quiet Sunday morning and happened across a movie set! They were filming something called Al's Lad's (I think) and had a load of old cars and a few familiar faces (including Ralph Little). I asked for permission to shoot and they kindly told me that as it was a public place they couldn't stop me even if they wanted to!

I banged off what was in the camera (the end of a roll), reloaded and started shooting again. After a (long) while it dawned on me that this appeared to be a *very* long roll of film.

Wound on.

Left hand spool didn't rotate.

*******!

Turned out I'd been a bit vigourous with the wind-on while loaded and had bust the sprocket holes on the leader....

Yes, I can be a real pillock at times!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pressure ... Presure ?

You mean like loading the paper of a 120 film onto the spool (and takijg about 30 minutes to do it!) and continuously complaining about how difficult this D***** proces is .... ony to find out after you went through the whole process ???

And the presure being caused by the will to see the pictures that you had taken that afternoon, which according to yourself would be the best thing since sliced bread ... (and concurrently destroyed the film, treating it like paper, so never finding out if they were any good)

.... nahh I don't have any of that (humphhhhh)

:-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin