Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,595   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cook
    And then there is the danger of running into a board meeting of the local Hispanic controlled substance distribution society.

I think I wouldn't venture out to some of these places with a cute little nude model unless I had a couple of beefy assistants whose knuckles drag. Perhaps a recruitment visit to your local bodybuilding gymn is in order?
    John,
    Hahaha. I think we're on the same page as far as this issue. I'll probably carry a can of pepper spray just in case; my Jeet Kune Do is a little rusty lately. Actually, my model is 6 feet tall and can probably overpower me (sounds like fun, huh?).

Thanks for all the advice so far. All of the suggestions sound great. I think the first thing to do is get a Luna Pro F so that I can get some starting points as far as exposure. Looks like a great little meter. Anyone have any opinions on it? After I get the meter, I'll start doing test rolls with my F3. After I'm happy with the results, I'll break out the Blad.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I didn't realize you had a Hasselblad. I think you may find it easier with a leaf shutter that can sync at any speed etc than with the F3.

Probably what I would try is if you don't have one, rent a polaroid back. It will probably save in the long run because you have pretty instant results and can adjust right away instead of going back repeatedly with the 35mm.

You can also easily mark the ground glass, for where the model is and moved to if doing multiple flashes.

Good luck

PS.. I trained JKD with Danny Inosanto in LA for a few years.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    All of the suggestions sound great. I think the first thing to do is get a Luna Pro F so that I can get some starting points as far as exposure. Anyone have any opinions on it?
    I have three Luna pro f's. it is great for flash, incident and good for reflective. In flash mode it will give the aperture on multi pops by simply keeping the button pressed while firing the flash, will read light down to next to nothing and is very easy on batteries. It is also built like a brick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin