Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,530   Online: 1003

Thread: Gossen

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gossen

I have a gossen lightmeter but still take the readings with my slightly bulkier digital camera because I don't understand the gossen. There must be something very simple I just forget to see.

How does the needle realte to the disks? It's one of these sixtar types. e.g. It's actually impossible to line up f/2.8 with the needle when shooting at 100 asa. It's probably something stupid.

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you open the slide in front of the cells?
    I have a sixtino.

Open the slide for reflective light, close the slide to measure direct light.

If you want, I have the manual for a sixtino. Mail me.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the tip, but I understand my confusion now, the bloody thing gives the same reading in all light curcomstances: very little light. Above that the dome has become yellow over the years. And I should start saving for a flash meter anyway so it's no big deal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin