Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 781

View Poll Results: What is your film speed unit?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • ASA, like everyone else

24 64.86%
  • DIN, because it's superior

0 0%
  • ISO, because I'm egalitarian

11 29.73%
  • candle/foot-square, because I'M superior

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    I wouldn't dream of using anything other than metric SI units in my technical life, but for everyday use, feet/inches/yards/miles/etc are more intuitive and practical ( I might draw the line at perch, chain and hand, but it's nice to know they are there if I ever need them )...Cheers, Bob.
    A weighty subject...several stones worth, at least! But when trying to photograph a horse with rider, which has just run a couple furlongs, from a distance of 100 meters, on a hot 90F day, the real question is: Will 990 millibahrs pressure keep it from raining? Or should I scrap the shot and go have a pint or two??? Or a dram...or a shot, jigger....

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    As a communications engineer used to dealing with dBs, the DIN system would seem to make a lot of sense with the advent of films in the 1600/3200 ASA range, if only because DIN figures of 33 and 36 would fit more easily on to a film speed dial!
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin