Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,422   Online: 1041

View Poll Results: Did You Shoot Any Film This Past Weekend?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I spent all my time reading post to Brooks question about digital

3 11.11%
  • No, I was worried about flags and such

1 3.70%
  • Yes, then I read ALL of the post to Brooks question about digital

6 22.22%
  • Yes, But I am too busy developing the film I shot this weekend to respond to this poll.

17 62.96%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Went up to the summit of Haleakala with the full 4x5" kit in the car Friday, didn't shoot a thing. Rain and clouds the whole way up and down, but we still had a nice day out in the fresh air. Nice dinner as well at the Kula Lodge on the way home, which has a beautiful garden and great views (though the forgetful waiter seemed to have had a bit too much of the Maui wowee before his shift).

Today we'll do the Hana road.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, when I first posted this thread...it was a bit tongue and cheek, since there was soooo much activity involved with another thread that seemed to consume the membership.

Have really enjoyed reading what others are doing with their weekends, both photographicly and personally (travels, family, etc). So, was wondering if there is a way to sticky a thread so that anytime someone takes a trip, spends a weekend in the darkroom, does some filme testing, etc. they could post and remind us all that WE REALLY DO enjoy photography and the visitors
    to the site could see what a great place this is. A place where photography is not only discussed (or cussed) but one where folks really do get out and DO Photography as well.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alaska is heading for winter fast , went out yesterday evening and shot a roll of agfa B&W with the Medium format (645) ...last of the flower beds are looking great .. wanted a few fox gloves ( flowers ) ... for a project..
    tom griffith Fairbanks AK..

Images
    11 rolls at the Getty Center and 5 rolls at the Disney Performing Arts Center. Beautiful places if you get the chance.

I've got about 40 rolls (120 film) waiting for the soup.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not yet, but I'm going to load up the car this afternoon with food, film and something to read. Then I'm going to head out to Kaena Point on the Leeward side for some afternoon sunshine and the sunset. We had some major fires over on that part of the island the last couple of weeks, so hopefully everything isn't burned up.

Glad you made Haleakala, David. It is quite spectacular for sunrise, although you have to leave at 3am or so to make it (traffic, believe it or not - going to the summit).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back a few days ago from a week in northeast Florida. The easiest kit to fly down with was the Mamiya 220, so that was the weapon of choice. I've just developed several rolls: sunrise at Vilano Beach, some abstracts from Marineland Beach and some vistas from Skyline Drive in Virginia during the car ride back. It's been a looooong time since I've shot 21/4 square and I really like the results as much as I can assess from the negs. Maybe I'll do some printing tonight or certainly tomorrow.

(BTW...for anyone who does the Rte 95 schlepp from NY to FLA, using Rte 81, though longer, saves the interminable delays in the DC, and Baltimore areas and ALL the tolls. It may even be a wash in terms of time or even a time savings. It's an interesting and often quite beautiful alternative that offers the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive side trips if you have the time. Since we live north and west of NYC, it's also an excellent metro area bypass.)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

weekend

Blew off a couple of rolls of APX100 in Atlantic City. There isn't much of the beautiful decrepidness left but I tried. Still alot of fun to walk around with a TLR and leave the tripod at home.
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Mike!

Like your idea about a "sticky".

I had been wanting to try the red/polorizer combo for really dark skies. Nice clouds yesterday and today, but temps over 100. :o

Braved it for a while yesterday. Went out just now: parked in the shade, set up the tripod in the shade, and ripped off 4 fairly quick exposures.

Hardly broke a sweat!

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also like the idea about the sticky. It's too easy to sit and talk about it, read about it, accumulate kit, plan and prepare and not actually get off our backsides and do it!

Managed to get up to the Yorkshire Dales with the Mamiya and the F80 yesterday and continue the Dales Waterfalls project.

West Burton (Cauldron) Falls is highly recommended - Nice falls, easy access, free parking and good positions from which to shoot. Mill Gill Force is another good one, but harder to get to and with a shooting position that... well... it felt a bit like setting up a tripod on top of a giant semi-submerged Toblerone! I didn't actually technically quite fall in... sort of! :rolleyes:

Excellent day! Completely chilled me out after a thoroughly crappy week. What a great hobby this is!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah!
    Fri & Sat night's Ive gone down to a hot spot intersection right in the heart of Tucson's non existent night life, and shot people.
    At first it was the "wild life" in their cars.. as they pulled thru the intersection, or as they stopped at the light...
    Then last night it occured to me that it was alot more interesting to watch the people crossing the street...
    It must have something to do with being out in front of a captive audience (the motorists) ... I started to note that most of the people crossing the street strut like they were on a fashion runway. . . great stuff.. havent developed yet... maybe tonight..
    Only shot five rolls Fri (35mm) and eight Sat...
    Im planning some trips back later this month...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin