Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,588   Online: 766

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a meter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Sekonic 308 and find it great and handy. Great for almost anything except spot metering. And cheap, too.

Sekonic quality in a budget meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a look at the Sekonic L-718. They slip through the auction site at very moderate prices. I've had one since they first came out and it is very accurate in all modes. I have the spot attachment (5°) which serves those occasional needs well enough, too. Perhaps a common feature now but at the time of purchase, I recall a somewhat unique feature being the ability to set a shutter speed in flash mode to adjust for long duration strobes and ambient light levels. I had some White Lightnings back then and they used to warn about not every flash meter being able to cope with the longish flash duration. It runs on AA cells, too.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi David:

I would recommend a Weston meter to go with your spot meter. The Weston is about the ideal integrating meter. It is as precise as you want to be, or as quick and dirty. The meter dial on a Weston is engineered to allow quick and easy reference to real and usable information regarding over and under exposure. They are rugged and dependable. You can try one cheap too as Master II's rtight now are going for less than $10 on ebay.

I use a Spectra Professional incident meter for portraiture, a Pentax digital spotmeter for shooting in the field, a Pentax V spotmeter for doing critical zone system work, and have 6 or seven Westons. The Weston meters are the cheapest meters I own but they are definitely my favorites.

Barry Young
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin