Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,710   Online: 800

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    What I read of Clyde Butcher, he would set the tripod up on the site he wanted to shoot, weighted down, and leave it for several days so it would settle to a stable point. Must have been a bear pulling it back out of the muck after shooting.
    I could see coming back to find the ladder missing! Perhaps larger pads placed on the bottom of the ladder would help a bit.

Interesting, the concept is beginning to form in my weak gray matter.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is one of the reasons I keep my old Crown and Speed, if somethaing very bad happens I can live with having to replace it, I can shoot with TriX pushed to 800 in Acufine at 1/100th with a decent f/stop hand held or on a monopod. I don't shoot color in 4X5, is a 400 speed color film available in 4X5?

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I visited Clyde's studio a few summers back....the one in the Everglades on Tamiami trail......I saw a good sized alligator in the swamp water on his property! The water there isnt that deep I think Clyde just doesnt like to be up to his azo in Alligators....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin