Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,572   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    As measured on a shutter speed timer, I have found modern Copals to be quite accurate from 1/2 sec to 1/60....less than 10% off. (just as a reference, 1/2 stop over is 41% over, 1/3 stop over is 26%, 1/4 stop over is 19%, 1/5 stop over is 15%, and 1/6 stop over is 12% over)

As far as f-numbers, using a projection densitometer, I have found the click stops on my enlarger lenses to be right on the money. I don't know the whole range, but from one to the next, I'm always amazed how good they are, better than shutter speeds. Now, field lenses don't have clicks, but these could be measured with a light meter or densitometer. I'll bet they are about as close as you can set them as long as you always stop down from the same direction to remove the play.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Guys, for your most interesting and erudite replies to my question, bearing in mind as it seems that in general most shutters are not absolutely accurate I can't see any point in agonising about metering accuracy providing they are reasonably accurate and consistent. One of the things I love about analogue photography is that it's very forgiving of exposure errors and still able to produce a good result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin