Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,248   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

I have fall off on the corners of my 645 negatives

I use a Bronica 645 with a 40mm Bronica wide angle lens, and am getting fall off on the corners of my negatives. It is most noticable at the top two corners. I have tried shooting with no lens shade, but it still happens. I always use a deep yellow #15 filter. Film speed and development have been determined with the filter on for automatic filter factor adjustment. Does anyone know why this is happening? Many Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Please describe how you are developing your film... Are you sure that your tanks are full... There is natural fall off in tank developing. This should not be pronounced though... i.e. no more then a 3 second burn on the corners should be required. How do your proof sheets look?
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always fill my tanks all the way up

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have not started to print, but when i do my corners are going to look dark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there is no density in the corners.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could the filter that I am using be cutting off my corners, sice it is a wide angle lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilfordrapid
    Could the filter that I am using be cutting off my corners, sice it is a wide angle lens
    Yes, vignetting caused by the filter is always a potential problem with a WA lens. Shoot a test roll of film with and without the filter to test this.

I use a compendium lens shade with insertable filters on my Hassy and my Arax 88CM.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have this problem if I stack two filters with my 45mm for my Mamiya 645. I would look at that first. Sometimes this can be remedied with a step up ring and larger filters, but that can get pricy since most 40mm MF lenses have large filter sizes to begin with. There are also filters with extra thin rings to help avoid this problem as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the Bronica compendium lens shade. It is far removed from the sides of the lens front element when it is set at the 40mm lens designation. I have the 50mm lens so I can't speak to your problem with the 40mm lens. I have, in the past, noticed that the Cokin Filters (A series) do create vignetting on the 50 mm lens on my ETRS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you know if filters are made that don't stick out so fare in the front?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin