Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,569   Online: 922

Shooter
    Medium Format

Does anyone know how to stop fall off during tank developement

I use reel and tank development for my 645 negatives, it seems that I am getting fall off in the top two corners of my negatives. I always fill my tank all the way up. Does anyone know why this is happening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my reply in your other thread.

Consistent and selective low image density of the 2 upper corners of your film is probably caused by vignetting - thus underexposure, not a development problem.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would first check to make sure my lens shade or a filter was extending to far and causing a vignette. The problem is happening in your camera, not
    your processing. Are you using a square or round shade ? Round shades can cause a vignette same as stacking filters out in front of your lens. In a large format camera a sagging bellows will effect the bottom of a neg. Check everything that could possibly block light in the camera!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for your answers. I think you are right Tom, it is probably the filter. I think the only way for me to deal with this problem is to crop these areas out when I go to make the print. unless someone else has other suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look how thick your filters are. There are filters which are slimmer than "ordinary" ones. For example B+W filter manufacturer has filters same type, same thread but different thickness. That is maybe not important with tele lenses, but if you use wide lenses, especially wider than 28mm(in 35mm film terminology), thickness of filters, and especially if you try to use two at same time, can cause problems. That happened to me with 28mm lens, so, I know that can sometimes be a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course, second solution is to dodge out (lighten) ares which are darker when make prints.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin