Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,494   Online: 1003

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

reciprocity for bergger bpf 200 shot @100

Does anybody have any experience with reciprocity failure with bergger bpf 200 shot at 100asa? If so, do you happen to know the correction times? Or can someone direct me to the times?
    Thanks,
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by toddstew
    Does anybody have any experience with reciprocity failure with bergger bpf 200 shot at 100asa? If so, do you happen to know the correction times? Or can someone direct me to the times?
    Thanks,
    Todd
    To 1/2 second - no adjustment

1 second - 1.5 stops

10 seconds - 3 stops

100 seconds - 4 stops
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    thanks jandc. Pardon my dumb question, but how would that transfer to time? 1.5 stops equals how much time increase if I want to keep the same f-stop? Would 10 seconds become 30 seconds?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toddstew
    thanks jandc. Pardon my dumb question, but how would that transfer to time? 1.5 stops equals how much time increase if I want to keep the same f-stop? Would 10 seconds become 30 seconds?
    each additional stop is a doubling of the time - so yes, 10 becomes 30 seconds.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you for the illumination(yuk,yuk)
    Todd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Oops ther is a math error here.
    If the exposure is 10 seconds a simple calculation would be 40 seconds (10x2=20;20x2=40)
    However, I believe you will find that amount of time insufficient because the reciprocity for 40 seconds now comes into play. 3 stops is 2 raised to the third power, or 8. At the very least then, the time requirted would be 80 seconds.
    To find out for sure, make 3 exposure, one at 40 seconds, one at 80 and one at 160 seconds. These are one stop apart and yuo will learn a lot about the reciprocity of the film. In fact, if you have a densitometer you will have enough information to make a graph of the reciprocity curve from which you can calculate the reciprocity for any given amount of time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    thanks jim, I'll try it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Oops ther is a math error here.
    If the exposure is 10 seconds a simple calculation would be 40 seconds (10x2=20;20x2=40)
    However, I believe you will find that amount of time insufficient because the reciprocity for 40 seconds now comes into play. 3 stops is 2 raised to the third power, or 8. At the very least then, the time requirted would be 80 seconds.
    To find out for sure, make 3 exposure, one at 40 seconds, one at 80 and one at 160 seconds. These are one stop apart and yuo will learn a lot about the reciprocity of the film. In fact, if you have a densitometer you will have enough information to make a graph of the reciprocity curve from which you can calculate the reciprocity for any given amount of time.

Opps one more math error. A ten second second exposre increased by three stops results in an 80 second exposure. Metered timeX2^number of stops=correct exposure. 10x2^3=80. This formula almost never fails.

Christopher Breitenstein
    Last edited by chrisofwlp; 03-01-2007 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Am I crazy? Look at ilford's hp4 reciprocity specs here>http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...6115141521.pdf. A metered 10 secs is recommended to be adjusted to about 30 seconds. According to their chart this mean "times 3" ... not a quantum ride of additional 3 "stops", or 10>20>40>80 sec.

Haven't done dark light above 8 seconds metered, but about x3, or 24 sec of exposure works fine at that level of the curve. Sure would like to know how far out in left field and/or lucky I am!! ;•]

Bruce

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin