Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,609   Online: 1073

Thread: Dance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dance

Here on the desk I have the book of Jeanloup Sieff "Dance"

With those images in mind I followed an afternoon "dance training" of the group "Guirlandes".
    Next sessions will be more a studio set-up with fixed dance situations.

The lightening was very bad: only "6" light values.
    Film: for MF 320TXP at iso 400 and on tri-pod (80mm, 2.8)
    For 35 were the films: 400 TX at 400iso and Ilford Delta 3200 at 1250iso. (35mm 2.0 and 90mm 2.0)

An impression on www.fbofotografie.be

Kind regards
    Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those are very nice, Fred! I especially like the ones of the younger children. Beautiful work!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like them as well. I'll definitely take a look at that book for the next time I do some dance shots.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to quibble, Fred, but there's a photographer in at least one of the shots.

Nice work.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @B&W Girl: thanks!
    @Will S: the book of Sieff is veryyy good
    @rbaker: yes I was there...

Dance "professionals" looks in a quite different way at "dance photographs".
    The movement must be at the end/the maximum and the dancer/movement must be completely on/in the image.

I think, one has also to split up the two:
    or you are doing the job as a "reportage" with the accent on emotion and expression (first serie of the little dancers) and interaction between the dancers and teacher

or your attention is going more in the direction of the "capture of movement/dance expressions" in a studio set-up, with the accent on muscle control, body mastering and physical performance . This last possibility I will try in the last week of 2005 with a limited number of dancers and "outside" the normal dance hours.

It's also clear that the number of images is much too much. A selection of 5 images would be much better. But the group (guirlandes) is also regarding/watching the images on the www,that's why I don't do the selection now.

Fred

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin