Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,661   Online: 1132

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B/W filters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some people prefer a green filter for scenics since it will both darken the sky and also lighten foliage.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Some people prefer a green filter for scenics since it will both darken the sky and also lighten foliage.
    Suggest clicking on his ebay shop link and having a look at the wonderful images Geoff makes and you will see why he isn't asking about a green filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geoff,
    I only use good quality glass filters, and I have never experienced problems with them. Mine are B+W and Heliopan - I highly recomment them. As sugegsted above, if you invest in large filters, you can put them on smaller lenses, and provided you don't abuse them, they'll last forever. To me it makes more sense to invest in these filters than to empty my wallet for gels and things..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry posted to wrong thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks again for all the comments. Seems like the glass filters are slightly ahead. Have to say, I'd rather stick a fine (thin) piece of glass on my lenses than anything else. I shall update this thread accordingly.

There seems to be a million and one things to do in and around Datchet. I even went for a dive in Wraysbury Lake last year. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was an experience. Tiger Garden is nice; Gilbey's is good as well. Anywhere else is a bit of a tourist trap. (PM me for restaurant recommendations.) Cheers all.

Geoff

PS: Baxter: Cheque's in the post ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin